Saturday, April 19, 2008

been keeping busy

i have figured that I do not think about the things going on in my life if I just keep busy. So that is what I have been doing. We have redecorated Alex and Nathan's rooms We built each of them loft beds and they seem to really like them very much. Avery is asking for one But that is so not going to happen anytime soon. We lifted Hope's bed a bit. And in her room we converted the old dog house into a toy box for her. It is really neat!! Our neighbor gave us her dog house that is much larger which will be much easier for Cooper to get into.

Yesterday was a great day here in Utah it was sunny and warm all day So I figured I would working the garden. Well that of course turned into a big project. We built a fence along the garden and even put in a gate for it now I do not have to worry about the kids or cooper getting into it. McKay being the great husband that he is even built me Stairs to get into the garden easier.

This year I am going to grow from seed. I have planted red and sweet onions, green beans, peas, carrots, white pumpkins, potatoes, marigolds and sunflowers. It is going to be great seeing the little sprouts come up!!

Along the fence I am thinking of putting honey suckle. I also have 2 raspberry plants that I hope will produce many raspberrys this year. and I have the strawberrys as well.

I will try to get some pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

I think it is so great how you garden... I am too afraid of getting poked by prickly weeds or getting bit by any various insect or finding worms in the dirt to be able to convince myself to garden. Grandma always tells me your gardens turn out amazing!

Tara Mc said...

Great job Dena! I love that you guys are getting you garden going. We went and bought seeds for ours but we still have to wait for another 6 inches of snow to melt first. Thanks again so much for the fun trip to the zoo. My kids ask every day when we can come back and visit. Glad to see that you are feeling better. I have those days too. And you're right, staying busy helps a lot.