Friday, November 30, 2007

getting Braces

Well it is official Joshua is getting braces on Dec 11. He goes on the 4th to get the spacers and do the impressions. He is excited about this. I am very happy for him. He will be doing a 2 phase system. he wears these braces for about 9 months. then he gets a retainer till all of his permanent teeth come in. I think this will help him allot. He is picked on at school and does not have allot of self esteem. I am a bit nervous for him I remember what it was like. And he will not be able to eat allot of the foods that he really likes. But he will get use to it.

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

I remember being Josh's age and thinking I was such a loser because I didn't have braces. I think there is a point when braces are cool. I am sure he will survive it alright.

Becca said...

It is almost odd if you don't get braces anymore. I think everything will work out. Nobody thinks you're different if you have braces at school.