Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Granola Bars

Okay as requested by my sister in law Jae!! How did you find out about these???

So my homemade granola bar recipe is very simple if you have made rice crispy treats you can make these!! Now Mind you this is a rough recipe since I do not measure when I cook I kinda toss stuff together!!!

4 cups any type of crunchy granola
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 honey
1 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1 cup sprinkles, mini m&ms, and or raisins (these are all optional depending on what you like)
4 tablespoons butter or margarine.


Melt butter and marshmallows together until creamy over med heat.
Add Honey stir until blended together
Remove from heat
Add granola and oats Mix well
Add sprinkles ect ect if wanted.
Press into a greased large cookie sheet
Allow to cool.
Cut into bars.

Now get how ever creative you like with these.
I have covered them with chocolate.

I make these bi weekly. The kids take them for recess snack! Now these are not as soft and chewy as the ones you buy in the store. But they are much better for you I think and really fun to make!!

Get your kids involved too. Let them help poor the ingredients and even press them. No matter how young and old Kids love to help in the kitchen!


Now this make a big amount so You can cut the recipe in half if you need too.

Please be careful sharing these they do contain honey and nuts make sure the person you are sharing them with do not have allergies.

If needed you do not have to add the honey. And you can check the ingredient list of the granola to find out if it contains nuts or not.


Let me know how they turn out or if you add something differnt I always like trying new things!!!!

3 comments:

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

These sound yummy. I think that I am going to have to make them.

Emily Christiansen said...

I have never thought about making homemade granola bars. Your recipe sounds really good. I'll have try them for our next car trip.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I can't wait to try them!!

Jae