Friday, May 9, 2008

This year's garden

Well as of rightnow I have my garden all planted. Even though it is supose to rain today I am watering it real well. So this is what is planted in the back yard.

Raspberries
Strawberries
Green beans
Peas
Potatos
Carrots
Red onions
Sweet onions
White pumpkin
Sunflowers
Marigolds
Green Pepper
Georgia Greens

There of several of each of these planted in the back yard. I really try to grow things that we are going to use. Last year I had just 1 green pepper plant and I loved going out side and picking my own it tasted sooo much better. So this year I put 6 plants in. The greens I planted for the Iguana at the price of produce now adays I think this will be much better there are 9 of these planted. I hope it grows like last year's Red Chard did just clip a leaf when needed and another grows back. Do not know though.

In the front I have several bulbs dafodils tupips many many many colors. there are lilies irises and several other plants. I am going to get some pictures in soon I hope.

I really love to garden. I love that when people come over they all comment on how great my garden looks!!!

1 comment:

Emily Christiansen said...

I have been helping my mother-in-law with her garden this year. I don't love gardening as much as you do, but it is fun to learn new things and to be outside. Fortunate I am not having to pull weeds... I hate that!