Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sorry I lied

Okay Avery Is not doing better He does not have a fever so that is good but he is super crabby and the littlest thing will just set him off. He hates that I am making him wear a pull up. I thought that he was getting better but it just is not happening. So of course I am not sleeping. I have gotten mixed advise on what to to with him But so far I found a quiet afew articles online that basically say the same thing on how to treat this
1 keep him hydrated which with Avery is not a problem he LOVES water.
2 The best foods for your him are easily digestible foods, such as rice cereal, pasta, breads, cooked beans, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, applesauce, and bananas.Pretzels or salty crackers can help your child replace the salt lost from diarrhea. And of course nothing super sugary.
3 Avoid giving your child apple juice, chicken broth, soda pop, sports drinks (such as Gatorade, All Sport, or Powerade), ginger ale, or tea. These drinks do not contain the right mixture of minerals and sugar to replace lost fluids and may make the diarrhea worse.

So I think I will make him some soft pretzels he will like that I hope mashed potatos he loves so I will just play it by ear with him I know that there is nothing that the doc can do at this point for him he is not lethargic there is no blood and he is hydrated.

I just have to deal with it I am scrubbing the 2 bathrooms he uses 2 twice a day and wiping things down after he goes to the bathroom. I have asked the kids to use the basement bathroom as much as possible just to make sure they do not get this. But they have not yet.


Well I am trying to get the kids back on a school schedule it is not going so well. they need to be up feed dressed and have rooms picked up before 8 am since this is the time they would have to leave for school. But since I am not up until about 8 lately it is not happening. But i know that they are all up. School starts in 18ish days!!

2 comments:

Emily Christiansen said...

Sorry. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Bonnie said...

Dena,
I am so sorry to hear Avery is sick! I hope by now he is getting a little better. It takes alot out of a mom when the kids are sick. He is such a cutie. I'm looking forward to seeing Nathan in 2nd grade! He is a sweetie. You are a smarter mom than me--we haven't even started trying to get on a school schedule (my kids leave homeat 7:10 on school days!!) They are still on summer schedule of staying up until midnight--which has me extremely sleep deprived!